Because you deserve the best care
Chiropractic care is a primary contact healthcare profession that specialises in the diagnosis, treatment, prevention and management of conditions that are due to problems with bones, joints, muscles and nerves, particularly those related to the spine.
How does chiropractic care help?
All body parts are treated, from foot pain to headaches, and everything in-between. We look at the whole of the patient – from the bottom up and top down. It looks for postural and biomechanical dysfunction both at the site of pain and related structures, to help in treating your pain.
Chiropractors may help relieve pain commonly caused by repetitive manual work or sustained postures, including sports-related soft tissue and joint injuries and conditions that arise secondary to the normal ageing process. Insurance companies will also cover Chiropractic care after an accident, as well as helping speed up recovery after an operation or help you avoid having surgery.
What is a chiropractor?
A chiropractor is a medical professional who is specialised in treating bone, muscle and join problems. These problems can occur over time, such as bad posture, or as a result of an injury. Due to this, every chiropractic patient requires a unique treatment. Chiropractic care can be used to help people who participate in sports, manual workers, pregnant women, office workers and many other categories due to its flexible nature.
A chiropractor will perform manual manipulation techniques to reduce stress and tension in your joints and muscles and to provide relief and mobility. This hands-on approach is extremely beneficial for the client, physically and psychologically. However, chiropractic treatment may not be the answer for every patient – and it is a part of the chiropractors duties to understand when a problem needs to be referred to a GP.
We can get to the root cause of your problem and prevent your pain, instead of masking a problem.
Why a Chiropractor?
- Because you shouldn’t give in and live with your pain.
- Because you’ve tried pills and physiotherapy and it hasn’t helped.
- Because maybe there’s something that’s been missed and Chiropractic may spot it.
- Because you should try conservative Chiropractic Care instead of going for that surgery.
- Because Chiropractic actually uses the body’s healing properties and time frames.
- Because it’s all about the patient management.
- Because treatment should be a comfortable experience.
- Because of the overwhelming scientific research behind it.
- Because you’ve got a little disc thing going on – but it’s OK.
- Because you have a “robotic neck” and get pain on turning your head to look round when driving.
What can Chiropractic Care help with?
- Pain from Joints, Tendons, Muscles or Ligaments
- Back Pain from Muscles, Joints or Discs
- Neck Pain/Neck injuries from car accidents
- Headaches and Jaw Pain
- Pelvic and Buttock Pain
- Hip, Knee and Leg Pain
- Ankle and Foot Pain
- Shoulder, Arm and Wrist Pain
- Sporting Injuries
- Muscle Spasm
- Sprains and Strains
- Tingling in the Hands or Feet
- Stiffness and Pain from “Wear and Tear”
Are chiropractic methods safe?
All registered chiropractors have to abide by relevant guidelines to stay in practise, which serves to keep you safe. The evidence on chiropractic care shows it is a safe method of pain relief.
However, you may experience some side effects such as stiffness for a day or so after your treatment. it is important to mention this to your chiropractor on your next visit.
Chiropractic is statutorily regulated by the General Chiropractic Council (GCC) and all registered chiropractors must comply with the Code of Practice and Standard of Proficiency prescribed by the GCC. Chiropractors are also required by statute to undertake Continuing Professional Development (CPD) as a requirement for annual registration. Chiropractors in the clinic are also members of the British Chiropractic Association (BCA) and the College of Chiropractors (COC).
If you think seeing a chiropractor would benefit you, get in touch today.
We offer FREE 15 minute back assessments to ensure we can help you, and that you don’t waste your time.
Here at the Lawrence Clinic, all body parts are treated, from foot pain to headaches, and everything in-between. We look at the whole of the patient – from the bottom up and top down. Our specialists look for postural and biomechanical dysfunction, both at the site of pain and related structures, to help in treating your pain.