Dr Colin Wright, Skin Surgery Specialist
Born and educated in Bradford, Colin qualified in Medicine & Surgery in 1980 specialising in Plastic Surgery and went on to further his training as a GP.
During his busy career to date, Colin has performed well over 60,000 surgical procedures and pioneered the use of Cosmetic lasers in Skin Surgery. He has an incredible passion in helping his patients and has built up a significant patient reputation second to none.
Colin has always taken immense pride in leaving any resulting scars as cosmetically pleasing as possible.
Dr Wright provides free initial consultations where a detailed medical history is taken and examination of your skin condition. If a surgical procedure is indicated, Dr Wright will spend time explaining in detail the procedure, its risks and benefits allowing you to ask any questions and discuss your post-operative expectations.
To offer our patients both a safe and welcoming environment, where you can be assured and confident that your cosmetic or medical skin surgery is undertaken by experienced medical professionals.
Our skin is the largest organ in the body and forms a protective barrier between the external environment and our internal organs. It is strong, powerful and can heal itself. It acts as a waterproof shield guarding our body against extremes of temperature, damaging sunlight and harmful chemicals. Skin allows us to move freely, this amazingly versatile organ needs looking after.
Before your Procedure:
- The Yorkshire Skin Hospital is an Outpatient facility, meaning surgical procedures do not last for more than one hour.
- Patients do not require a hospital bed, therefore, you are discharged home following a short recovery.
- All procedures are undertaken under local anaesthesia, making your recovery much quicker and far less of a risk compared to general anaesthesia.
- For those patients who are a little nervous, we can perform your procedure under light sedation.
- We offer treatment for those patients under 18 years of age.
- We provide all our patients with a free 24 hour on call services following your procedure.
After your Procedure:
- You will be given verbal advice on how to look after your wound, dressings and bathing.
- If advised, your lesion will be sent to our Histology lab and a report prepared.
- We advise that you do not drive following your procedure and be accompanied home.
- An appointment will be arranged for your post-operative follow up and removal of sutures if required.
What procedures do you offer?
- Skin tag removal
- Xanthelasma treatment
- Mole removal
- Papilloma Removal
- Keloid and Keloid Scarring
- Upper eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasty)
Take a look at our new website for skin surgery – http://www.yorkshireskinhospital.co.uk