What are Papillomas?
Most papillomas are caused by a human papillomavirus (HPV) and are benign growths and can vary between 1-4cm in size. Although these are harmless, with any lump or bump found on the body is best to get checked by a professional.
Treatment at The Yorkshire Skin Hospital as part of The Lawrence Clinic:
Dr Wright offers a FREE consultation to diagnose the lesion and to see whether surgical removal is the best course of treatment.
Take a look at our new website for The Yorkshire Skin Hospital – http://www.yorkshireskinhospital.co.uk
Before your procedure:
- The Yorkshire Skin Hospital is an Outpatient facility, meaning surgical procedures do not last for more than one hour.
- Patients do not require a hospital bed, therefore, you are discharged home following a short recovery.
- All procedures are undertaken under local anaesthesia, making your recovery much quicker and far less of a risk compared to general anaesthesia.
- For those patients who are a little nervous, we can perform your procedure under light sedation.
- We offer treatment for those patients under 18 years of age.
- We provide all our patients with a free 24 hour on-call services following your procedure.
After your procedure:
- You will be given verbal advice on how to look after your wound, dressings and bathing.
- If advised, your lesion will be sent to our Histology lab and a report prepared.
- We advise that you do not drive following your procedure and be accompanied home.
- An appointment will be arranged for your post-operative follow up and removal of sutures if required.
To find out more about what we can treat and how to book, speak to our expert team using the details below: